Many of our staff employed in the factory will do this work. In order to perform all the duties safely you must be physically fit, hard-working and be able to follow reasonable instructions proficiently and in a resonable time. To work safely and efficiently it is improtant that you concentrate on each activity and what is going on around you. We need you to work accurately, with understanding and to communicate when necessary.
This job involves:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
As we are a Textile Recycling company the majority of your duties will involve the handling and movement of this type of stock.
You will at times be required to carry out other reasonable activities where neccessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Load and unload unsorted materials and move them about in work areas
- Move equipment such as bins, wheeled barrows, cages, boxes and materials such as clothing, bags, etc
- Provide manual labour working with others on various tasks such as loading, unloading, stacking, etc
- Check and weigh products and unsorted materials
- Feed material onto conveyor belts
- Secure loads for safe transportation
- Assist in waste disposal and recycling activities
- Maintain daily records of supplied stock
- Ensure all work equipment is operated safely as you were trained to use it and cleaned as scheduled and report any concerns, damage, problems, etc
- Work with all other employees, managers and contractors as necessary
- Keep working area clean and record housekeeping times
- Other labouring duties and activies as necessary
A number of employees will be requested to operate balers. Those individuals will be trained accordingly, however you will be employed under this Job Description.
In addition to the General Worker's duties the following will apply to you as well:
- Empty cages, bins, barrows of textiles, plastic, cardboard, etc into the bailing machines
- Operate the machinery while textiles or other materials are being pressed
- Tie bales together using strapping and the strapping tool
- Move the bales to the storage area using special equipment provided (pump trucks etc)
- Stack the bales safely in the storage area to keep gangways clear and avoid bales falling
Forklift Driver / General Worker:
A number of employees will be requested to operate forklifts. Those individuals will be trained in the safe use of forklifts, tested every 3 years and issues with a company licence to drive each type. You are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of each vehicle.
You will be employed under this Job Description with the following additional duties:
- To drive each vehicle with care and consideration for those around you and for the vehicle and goods carried at all times
- To report any incidents, damage, concerns or propblems with each vehicle as soon as possible
- Follow your training to check each vehicle each day before driving
- To load, unload and move materials such as clothing, rags, pallets, cardboard boxes, bales, bags, etc as necessary and leave all items in a safe condition
- Inspect, protect and maintain the company's equipment in a safe condition and report any concerns, damages, etc as soon as possible
- Maintain accurate reports of stock when requested
- Keep the vehicles clean and tidy inside and wash them as requested. Only use the jet wash if you have been trained and authorised to use it. The jet wash can be dangerous and must be used with care to avoid injury and damage
You are required to behave in a safe, polite and appropriate manner at all times while at work.
Fill out the form below to apply for this role: