The majority of our staff employed in the factory will do this work. In order to perform all the duties safely you must be physically fit, hard-working and be able to follow reasonable instructions proficiently and in a resonable time. To work safely and efficiently it is improtant that you concentrate on each activity and what is going on around you. We need you to work accurately, with understanding and to communicate when necessary.
This job involves:
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Hand-Eye coordination
As we are a Textile Recycling company the majority of your duties will involve the handling and movement of this type of stock.
You will at times be required to carry out other reasonable activities where neccessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sort, pack and grade sorted and unsorted materials
- Inspect materials (mainly clothing) and sort them into piles or places in containers/bins/cages according to type, colour, size, condition etc
- Load and unload unsorted materials and move them about in work areas
- Check and weigh products and unsorted materials
- Assist in waste disposal and recycling activities
- Maintain daily records of supplied stock
- Ensure all work equipment is operated safely as you were trained to use it and cleaned as scheduled and report any concerns, damage, problems, etc
- Work with all other employees, managers and contractors as necessary
- Keep working area clean and record housekeeping times
- Other labouring duties and activies as necessary
You are required to behave in a safe, polite and appropriate manner at all times while at work.
Fill out the form below to apply for this role: